Business Studies GCSE
We are all affected by businesses because we all buy the goods and services which they provide. In addition, most of us will work in Business after we finish studying and will rely on a business or other organisation for our wage. Some of us may own and run our own business in the future. Everyone can own shares in large businesses.
- Marketing, research and how businesses carry out their marketing activities
- Enterprise and the entrepreneur and how they plan to enable their business to succeed
- How business are structured
- The role and organisation of a business work force
- How business manage their resources to produce goods and services
- How business raise finance
- The external influence of business, such as the environment, ethics, and the government.
This is an academic course but you will buy and sell shares in a competition, survey the local businesses in the area, write your own business plan, make posters for a business display, use ICT facilities frequently, and play simple business games.
How you will be assessed
In September Year 11 you will complete the controlled assessment on Unit 1. this should take around 16 hours (25%).
At the end of Year 11 you will sit a 1 hour exam on Unit 2 (25%).
At the end of Year 11 you will also take a 1 ½ hour exam based on a pre release case study on Unit 3 (50%).