Child Development Cambridge National Level 2
This GCSE is studied for 5 hours per fortnight. It consists of two controlled assessments. A research task in Year 10, which will account for 20% of the final GCSE grade. In Year 11, students will complete a Child Study which has a 40% weighting and an exam which contains a range of question styles from all of the topics studies during the course, which also has a 40% weighting.
During the course you will study the following topics:
- Diet, health and care of the child
- Development of the child
- Support for the parent and child
Aims of the course
- To understand how life begins and a child develops and changes throughout their childhood
- To develop an understanding of human needs within society including how we can help to provide a safe environment for children
- To have knowledge of relevant technological and scientific developments in reproduction and child health care
- To develop a critical approach to decision making
- To examine issues that affect the quality of human life
Course Text Book
It is advisable to purchase a text book which will help with revision and tips on how to complete controlled assessment.
Collins GCSE Home Economics Child Development Janet Stearns and Mark Walsh ISBN:9780007350568
If you are considering teaching, Midwifery or the Child Care profession, this is an ideal building block for you.