Overview | Course Content
Digital Technologies Technical Award Level 2
The qualification develops the following knowledge, understanding and skills:
- Types of application software and networks
- Personal risks when using the internet and compliance with laws that affect the use of digital technologies
- Explore appropriate digital communication channels for specified target audience
- Development of technical skills in creating creative digital content for communication, including animations, social media, videos, websites
- Explore types of different file formats and their use
- Explore methods of collecting reliable primary and secondary data
- Investigate how software is used in data processing and management
- Plan, design and implement databases to store and analyse data.
Awarding body: City & Guilds
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
- One externally set, externally moderated assignment.
- One externally set, externally marked exam, sat under examination conditions.
The qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction