Overview | Course Content
English Literature GCSE
- ‘Romeo and Juliet’ by William Shakespeare
- ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens
- ‘An Inspector Calls’ by J B Priestley
- An anthology of poetry based on Power and Conflict
- Various poems for the Unseen Poetry question
Exam board: AQA
For this GCSE, there are two terminal examinations – worth 40%/60% of the final grade respectively. One exam is 1hr 45mins and the other is 2hrs 15mins.
Though students’ achievement will be continuously monitored, the final assessment will take the form of two, externally assessed, exams which will include essay questions based on the set texts listed above. They will also answer questions on previously unseen poetry.