Religious Studies, Philosophy & Applied Ethics GCSE
This course is designed to get you thinking about the ‘big questions in life:
- Why are we here?
- How should we live our lives?
- How should we behave?
If these questions make you think, then RE may be a subject for you. You don’t have to be religious yourself just naturally curious about the world you live in.
What will you study?
A range of moral issues including topics such as:
- The Right to Life – Abortion, Suicide, Euthanasia
- Human Rights
- Marriage, divorce and sexual relationships
- Religion, peace and conflict
- The beliefs, practices and teachings of Christianity plus those of another religion such as Buddhism or Sikhism
You will also:
- Develop your understanding of the beliefs and opinions of others.
- Explore the attitudes of religious and non-religious people to the existence of God.
- Evaluate ideas and beliefs from a variety of perspectives.
- Strengthen your own critical thinking skills.