GCSE Geography Kingswood Trip Information
Dates of visit: Monday 16th April to Wednesday 18th April 2018
Time of departure: Meet at 8:45am at Site A school hall
Time of return: 3.30 – 4.00pm Wednesday 18th April
Point of departure on 16th Apr: Wigston Academy
Tour Operator used: GH Watts
Size of group: 40 students
Supervising staff: Mr. Dixon, Mr. Cotterill, Mrs. Goynes, Ms. Brown
I have included a list of essentials for the trip to Norfolk in light of the fact that our departure is imminent.
Please be aware there is no requirement to bring best clothes; they may get dirty or ruined on the day trip or when completing the activities. I must stress the need for a variety of clothing due to the changeable weather conditions we sometimes have on the coast of Britain. Below is list of essential items:
- 1 bath towel
- Toiletries bag containing: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shower gel, hairbrush etc…
- Night clothes, slippers
- Old clothes for the activities
- 4 t-shirts, shirts / blouses (at least 1 with long-sleeves), sweatshirt
- 1 thick sweater + 1 light sweater
- 3 pairs of trousers and/or jeans and/or tracksuit bottoms
- Waterproof jacket (and trousers if you have them)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Sturdy shoes (Walking shoes if possible)
- 2 pairs of trainers (one old pair)
- Large plastic bag for dirty clothes
- Some pocket money to buy snacks (no more than £20)
- Possibly some suntan lotion!
We are returning from the centre on Wednesday 18th April at 12.30pm and hope to be back by 3.30pm depending upon traffic conditions on the A47. The address for the centre we are using is Kingswood, 48 Cromer Rd, Overstrand, Cromer NR27 0JJ (http://www.kingswood.co.uk/locations/overstrand-hall/).
If you have any further questions please ask to speak to Mr Dixon.
Head of Geography