Letter to Parents January 2018
Changes to the Pastoral Structure and Home School Agreement
Dear Parents and Carers,
I would like to wish you all a happy New Year and hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas. I am excited about the year ahead and I thought it would be helpful to update you on some of the staffing changes that have taken place, or are about to take place here at the Academy. As from the 9th of January, the school will move to non-teaching Heads of Year, which we believe will enable us to better support parents, carers and students in everyday school life by responding to issues and situations much faster. Overseeing the non-teaching Heads of Year will be very experienced teaching leaders, who will act as Heads of Key Stage. They will assume overall responsibility for that Key Stage and support the Heads of Year with their year groups. This will provide greater capacity and support for your child.
Therefore, I am delighted to announce the following:
• Mrs Chapman will be Head of Year 7, supported by Miss Hadkiss as Head of Year
• Mr Carletti, a new member of staff who will be joining us at the beginning of February, will be Head of Year 8 supported by Mr Tongue as Head of Key Stage 3. In the interim period, Mr Tongue will assume control of the year group
• Miss Bramley will be Head of Year 9, also supported by Mr Tongue as Head of Key Stage 3
• Mrs Moss will be Head of Year 10, she will be supported by Miss Higgs as Head of Key Stage 4
• Miss Williamson will be Head of Year 11, she will also be supported by Miss Higgs as Head of Key Stage 4
• Ms Mansfield will continue as Safe Worker to Key Stage 3 offering her fantastic support and guidance to students
• Mrs Bentley will move to KS4 to continue in her role as Pastoral Support, looking after Key Stage 4
I will continue to oversee the pastoral system as Vice Principal for Behaviour and Inclusion, Mr Tongue will support me in this role as Assistant Vice Principal. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mrs Bishop and Mr Notley for their support and efforts over the past few months; both will be remaining at the Academy but will be undertaking other areas of responsibility.
I am truly excited about the changes we have made and I fully expect this to support the improvements we are continuing to make at the Academy as we move forward in securing outstanding behaviour for our students. All the staff at Wigston Academy place the welfare of the students as their highest priority. If however you have any queries or concerns please contact your son or daughter’s tutor who will be able to help.
Included with this is our relaunched home school agreement. This is the contract between us which outlines our responsibilities to each other and our children. It identifies the ways in which we work together for the benefit of our children and replaces any existing one you may have signed. Please would you sign it and return it at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance.
Mr P Leatherland
Vice Principal Behaviour & Rewards
Home School Agreement
[pdf-embedder url=”http://wigstonacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/HomeSchoolAgreement2018.2ndPage.pdf” title=”Home School Agreement 2018″]