WIGSTON ACADEMY LIBRARY
Morning: 8.00am – 8.30am
Lunchtime: 12.15pm – 1.00pm
After school: 3.00pm – 4.00pm
- Please sign in to the library when entering.
- Computers are for school work use
- All students in the library are expected to be reading, drawing or working.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Library.
- Clean up behind you.
- Quiet voices to be used in the library.
- No mobile phones
- Students in the library during class periods without a teacher must have a pass.
- If a book is lost or damaged when returned you will be charged for the cost of actual replacement of the book.
Students disrespecting the above rules may be asked to leave the Library and/or restricted from using the Library, other than when accompanied by a teacher, for a designated period of time.
In Wigston Academy library we have a wide range of books for all abilities and ages. The books in the library consist of fiction, non-fiction, picture books, comics, poetry, puzzle books etc.
If we are aware that a fiction book covers topics of a sensitive or controversial nature, the book will have a red letter on its side which will mark it as ‘Older Fiction’.
Younger pupils are not prevented from borrowing these books as it is common for children to read both above and below their age range and ability. However they will be advised that the book may cover topics that they may find difficult or sensitive etc.
If you have a particular interest, a favourite author, or a set of books that is not in the school library, if you let the librarians know they will do their best to acquire the relevant books and are always happy to receive suggestions for new stock.