Downloads and Information for students in Year 11
In order to help our Year 11 students prepare for their exams, all subjects are providing additional sessions. These can be based around coursework, topics and skills.
Some students have been asked to attend intervention sessions (a 6 week programme designed to boost their progress). These will occur every term.
There are also drop-in sessions in English (Tuesdays), Science (Wednesdays) and Mathematics (Thursdays).
General revision sessions will be offered by subjects closer to the exams.
If a student is required after school, home will be contacted. If a student attends a drop-in session, we presume that the student has informed home. If in doubt, check their lanyard for details.
Thank you for your continued support.
Miss Sharon Eales
Assistant Principal – Intervention
Telephone: 0116 2881228
PPE Exam Timetable
Key Dates for Year 11
- Wednesday 8th November – 16+ opportunities evening at Wigston College.
- Monday 20th November – Friday 30th November – Year 11 PPEs (Mock Exams).
- Monday 11th December – Friday 15th December – Year 11 A Level taster lessons.
- Monday 18th December or Tuesday 9th January – Year 11 Reports.
- Tuesday 19th December – Year 11 PPE Results days.
- Monday 15th January – Exam preparation assembly.
- Monday 5th February – Start Year 11 Sixth Form interviews.
- Friday 9th February – Holiday homework issued.
- Monday 19th February – Year 11 subject assessment weeks.
- Monday 12th March – Apprenticeship week.
- Friday 23rd March – Easter work issued and Easter revision.
- Monday 14th May – Start of summer Exam season.
Careers, Enterprise, Information, Advice and Guidance – careers-enterprise.wigstonmat.org
Please find below the presentations and information given out at our recent Bridging the Gap Evening, if you require a paper copy then please contact the school on 0116 2881228