Following on from our February mock exam in Science, we are now putting in place an intervention timetable to help support students ready for their May Science Exam. Throughout science lessons your child’s teachers will be feeding back to them about their exam result and areas in which they need to improve and develop.
There are various ways in which your child can engage in revision and in developing their own understanding:
– Use of the Online textbook – to register and set up your account you will need:
* an email address that you check regularly; * the Access/Institution code; 2240574
Go to www.pearsonactivelearn.com/app/Register and follow the instructions
For help setting up: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0345 4788 802
– Using BBC Bitesize revision and the many widespread revision tools available on line
– Purchasing a revision guide directly from CGP (HIGHER) https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Parent/books_gcse_science_combined_revision.book_SEHR45
– Purchasing a revision guide directly from CGP (STANDARD) https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Parent/books_gcse_science_combined_revision.book_SEFR45
– Revision of classwork at home
– Using the Tuesday lunchtime drop in session with Mrs Jamal in S3.
– Asking teachers for help and support in lessons
– Attending some/all of the timetabled sessions between 3-4pm afterschool (see attached timetable)
– Using the past papers and revision materials that will be provided by school closer to the May exam
This is part of our ongoing mission to raise standards within science and help your child to achieve the best GCSE results possible and we hope you will support us in this.
If you have any questions feel free to discuss this with your child’s science teacher.
Miss R Higgs
Post February Exam Intervention timetable
Please look at the timetables below.
Your teacher will help you to identify which areas you need to work onto help improve your grade in science. Once these areas have been identified, please come along to the relevant sessions after school, these are on a Wednesday unless detailed.
If you want to come along to ALL sessions to brush up on your science ready for the May exam, feel free.
Standard Tier paper
|1.3.17||Cells, Microscopes and cell division||Miss Trych||S8|
|8.3.17||Exchange and transport||Miss Jakku||S5|
|15.3.17||DNA and genetic crosses||Miss Thaliwal||S6|
|23.3.17 (Thursday)||Human evolution||Miss Gladman||S7|
|29.3.17||States or matter and elements/compounds and mixtures||Mr Lee||S6|
|5.4.17||Methods of separation||Miss Jakku||S5|
|27.4.17 (Thursday)||Atoms and the periodic table||Miss Gladman||S7|
|3.5.17||Calculations and using formulae||Mr Tongue||S7|
|1.3.17||Cells, Microscopes and cell division||Miss Higgs||S7|
|8.3.17||Exchange and transport||Miss Higgs||S7|
|15.3.17||DNA and genetic crosses||Miss Higgs||S7|
|22.3.17||Human evolution and natural selection||Miss Higgs||S7|
|29.3.17||States or matter and elements/compounds and mixtures||Miss Higgs||S7|
|5.4.17||Methods of separation||Miss Higgs||S7|
|26.4.17||Atoms and the periodic table & calculations linked to this||Miss Higgs||S7|
|3.5.17||Calculations, using graphs and using formulae||Miss Higgs||S7|