Work for students isolating:
Where students have been directed to isolate, they should continue to keep up to date with their school work by accessing and completing home learning. As a school, we have chosen two excellent websites recommended by the DFE for remote learning, these are: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize and https://classroom.thenational.academy/
Students will be able to access the same or similar material that is being covered in school during the period of absence. Both websites use quizzes and videos to make the learning engaging and interactive as possible. On some occasions students study subjects that are not covered by the two websites, for example OCR Sport in Year 10 and 11, this work will be published on Satchel:One and students will be directed to Everlearner or Business Studies – which instead links to Seneca Learning.
Students in all year groups are also encouraged to read every day and for years 7 – 11, they should be keeping their reading record up to date. An electronic copy of this can be found in the links to year groups below.
Students should also complete homework set on Satchel:One whilst absent. For students in Years 7-11, they can find out which topics to access as follows, the majority of sessions have direct links to the resources to make it easier to navigate:
Year 7 - Remote Learning
Year 8 - Remote Learning
Year 9 - Remote Learning
Year 10 - Remote Learning
Year 11 - Remote Learning
What can parents do to help?
• Setting up or allocating a quiet space for students to work will support them to work more effectively.
• Access to a computer, the internet and a printer would be beneficial but if this is not available, students can use any smart phone or digital device to access SMHW.
• Support students with passwords when gaining access to the digital resources. Often they need help to type these in accurately and remember them.
Where can I get help to support my son/ daughter?
• If students needs help with a specific piece of work then they should message the relevant teacher using SMHW (teachers will respond as soon as possible, but this could take up to 48 hours as per our communication policy)
• Students can message their subject tutor using Satchel:One for support, contact can also be made via email, although please understand that some teachers may not be able to respond due to their own illness or other absence.
• If you need help with passwords, accessing the Satchel:One platform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with the information.
|WAT Parent_guide_to_Teams_on_Xbox_and_Playstation||20 - 01 - 2021||Download|
|Teams_Guide_for_STUDENTS WAT||20 - 01 - 2021||Download|
|Remote learning - parent information December 2021 8.12.21||15 - 12 - 2021||Download|
|Installing Office 365 licenses at home guide||20 - 01 - 2021||DownloadPreview|